The Truths About Advertising and Business
- Advertising is nothing more than inviting people to do business with you... Running a
business without advertising is like throwing a party and not sending out invitations.
- Being open doesn’t guarantee traffic... Effective advertising does.
- Advertising is an investment in the future of your business. The only way to coast is
- Advertising should be consistent. A terrible thing happens without advertising...
- The two more powerful words in advertising are "Free" and "New" Business is like a
bicycle... Either keep up your speed or you’ll fall down. He (or she) who wants milk should not sit on a stool
in the cow pasture and wait for the cow to back up to them.
- Success in advertising is what you say times how many times you say it! Never start an
advertising campaign with the intention of ever stopping. To be successful, advertising, like a diet, must be
- Business is like a wheelbarrow... Nothing happens until you start pushing.
- Doing business without advertising is like winking in the dark... You know what you are
doing, but nobody else does.
- Business goes where it’s invited and stays where it’s appreciated. If you do what you’ve
always done, you’ll get what you’ve always got!
- Business is like a steamship... If you’re not treading water, you’re sinking.
- The last seven words of a dying business are: "we’ve never done it that way
- You are not advertising to a standing army, you are advertising to a passing
- Advertising is not magic... Advertising cannot make a bad product good or sell something for
which there is no market.